“As a contributor on the team, my experience helped me learn a humbling amount, during our focus group meetings, regarding how passionately the staff across the SU Community cares about “doing the right thing”. Personally, it is exciting to bring my background to the team and contribute to a cause that means so much to... Read more
The Academic Strategic Plan Steering Committee appreciates the comments and input from the campus community. Below are the Vision and Mission statements effective April 2015.
Syracuse University aspires to be a pre-eminent and inclusive student-focused research university, preparing engaged citizens, scholars, and leaders for participation in a changing global society.
As a university with the capacity to attract and engage the best scholars from around the world, yet small enough to support a personalized and academically rigorous student experience, Syracuse University faculty and staff support student success by:
- Encouraging global study, experiential learning, interdisciplinary scholarship, creativity, and entrepreneurial endeavors
- Balancing professional studies with an intensive liberal arts education
- Fostering a richly diverse and inclusive community of learning and opportunity
- Promoting a culture of innovation and discovery
- Supporting faculty, staff, and student collaboration in creative activity and research that address emerging opportunities and societal needs
- Maintaining pride in our location and history as a place of access, engagement, innovation, and impact