Students are invited to attend Campus Framework events with members of Sasaki Associates and Populous, a global design firm, to learn more about the University Place Promenade and proposed renovations to Archbold Gymnasium.
There will be opportunities for students to ask questions, offer their perspectives and take a survey on potential campus enhancements. Examples of potential fixtures and seating for the University Place Promenade will also be on display at the events for evaluation and input.
The following are the dates and times for the sessions:
Thursday, April 21
- 2-3:30 p.m., Newhouse 1, Room 303
- 6-7:30 p.m., Newhouse 1, Room 303
Friday, April 22
- 2-3:30 p.m., Newhouse 3, Room 141
- 6 -7:30 p.m., Newhouse 3, Room 141
The same information will be shared at each event. CART and ASL will be provided. Individuals with accessibility requests should contact firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours prior to the event.
The Campus Framework plan works in coordination with the University’s Academic Strategic Plan to shape, guide and manage the Syracuse University campus environment and its physical form in support of the University’s mission.
Based on feedback from the University community the following overarching goals for the Campus Framework were identified:
- Support Academic Excellence: Strengthen the global legacy of learning and investigation by creating 21st century academic and research environments across the University.
- Enrich All Aspects of Student Life: Foster student success through a holistic residential experience, engaging student life centers, a comprehensive academic and administrative support network, and a diverse array of health and wellness offerings.
- Create a Vibrant Campus Setting: Continue to enrich the environment with high-quality place-making, buildings and landscapes, distinguished by design excellence.
Additional opportunities for community feedback will be made available throughout the summer.